At Health & Empowerment Alters
Life - a Sainath Family Health Centre & CRP joint enterprise, we offer
Health, Medicine & Human Relations related training both for medicos and
Wellness & Stress
Wellness & Stress Management Programs have become essential in the workplace as research
suggests that a well-designed and carefully implemented program not only
reduces employee stress and improve health, but also result in
bottom-line benefits for the organization.
- The initial goal of the program is to address the sources of
non-value-added stress (distress) on the job.
- The next is the need to improve staff’s coping abilities by better
attention to diet, physical exercise & stress management.
These programs promote and strengthen the individual’s potential to
understand and experience situations (both work and life events) in a way
that compels them to act constructively rather than adopt a more
non-assertive, blaming perspective.
WELLNESS is IN!
Everyone is talking about being well.
What is Wellness?
WELLNESS IS ABOUT TAKING MORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH AND
MAKING BETTER CHOICES
Wellness is the multidimensional component of good health and includes
Physical, Mental, Social components
Just being fit is not enough to be well! There is much more to be
Today's most prevalent diseases (Hypertension, Diabetes, Heart disease
and Cancer) are grouped under the umbrella of KILLER diseases. Adopting
right life style behavior thus becomes important when considering
Wellness is actually ADOPTING correct life style behavior(s)!
Several lifestyle behaviors are considered as priority lifestyles because
they affect the health and lives of most people.
- Exercise/ Physical activity
- Nutrition and
- Stress management.
Why are these lifestyles especially critical?
- They affect almost everyone human being
- Most people can make improvements in these 3.
- Small changes in these 3, can have major impact on individual and
Physical Activity: Physical Activity is a priority life style that
impacts health, wellness and fitness. It improves our work ability,
improves our health and helps us to meet emergencies by using our
physical reserves. All of these contribute to improving our quality of
Nutrition: We have lost the concept of a balanced meal and MUST learn to
eat differently because today we face an epidemic of chronic diseases
worldwide. Even young children are grossly overweight and are developing
Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and the early stages of heart
WELLNESS - this is a full day (6hour) module divided into
- Introduction to and need of Wellness and healthy lifestyles
- Focus on Nutrition for remaining WELL - habits that can be incorporated without overspending, using items locally available
- Focus on Physical Exercise for remaining WELL. Differentiation of aerobic/ anaerobic exercises; pros & cons of each
- Stress management: Stress is inescapable; Stress is everywhere. Stress is continuous, only the levels change. But stress is not inherently negative EUSTRESS helps us perform better. We must learn to convert DISTRESS to EUSTRESS. Relaxation eases muscle tension, reduces heart rate and blood pressure, relieves anxiety and pain, and boosts the immune system. We have to learn to live in harmony again and this must start for each individual. Understanding of stress, its effects and coping strategies need the insights of a medico
- What is stress and its causes
- Effects in the target industry / population (in Pharma, Sales & Marketing, Advertising, BPO and Construction etc); with profile of target audience known, we customize programmes to discuss relevant case scenarios.
- Handling Stress at Home and work place (Handling Work stress at home and vice versa)
- Coping strategies with training in
- Relaxation techniques (Meditation, progressive muscular relaxation& Pranayama)
- Thought stopping
- Sleep hygiene & tips for a better sleep
- Addition of the following add another one hour to the workshop
- Time management
- Listening skills
- Communication skills
- Anger management as all these contribute to handling ones responsibilities in a better way
- Assertive skills
The entire session is peppered with live examples which delegates easily identify with and few stress buster games to show efficacy. Relaxation exercises are taught in manner that is feasible, practical and can be done anywhere (even at office) within 1-2 minutes.
Faculty - Dr C H Asrani; Dr Shweta Rastogi (Ph D in Nutrition) & Ms Radhika Mohan (qualified counselor); Dr Hemant Patel (Diploma in yoga); Dr Vishpala Parthasarathy (Psychologist)
Audience size: Maximum 20
Workshop can be held across India
Click here for further clarification and a quote
CLIENT SPECIFIC MODULES:
- Cholesterol and its role in modern day ailments
- Hepatitis: Dos & Don’ts
- HIV & AIDS
- Backache & other postural pains
- Diabetes Mellitus
|The mediocre leader tells.
The good leader explains.
The superior leader demonstrates.
The great leader inspires.
| - Buchholz and Roth
Conducting stress Management workshops last decade, it was realized that most senior managers are stressed by inconsequential issues; on analysis most of these were due to improper handling of emotions between members of workforce. This inspired our team to develop a industry specific work shop on Emotional Intelligence.
Work shop goals
An interactive, experiential presentation provides answers to the following questions and gives much more:
- How can emotional competency make my life and work easier?
- Why do people who perform well at college fail to excel at work?
- What are the key emotional skills?
- Which emotional skills do I most need for my job?
- Why do good people sometimes act so badly and what can I do to change things?
- How do I develop/ improve my Emotional Quotient to be more effective?
- Participants identify their own and team emotional competency strengths and opportunities and are motivated to continue development.
- Participants are provided with tools for immediate use and an action plan for development
- Participants also engage in creative dialogue about workplace issues that stimulates effective teamwork and collaboration and create an action plan to increase their emotional skill.
Duration: 2 days (6 hours daily)
Batch size: max 20
Ideal for: senior managers; team leaders.
Can be held across India
For further info and quotes e-mail