Driven by passion for computers, command of six languages, admirable communication skills with a relentless presence of 30 years dispensing quality family health and corporate health, Dr C H Asrani specializes in health related portals, health & medicine related training (principally Stress Management & Emotional Intelligence) and provides content for mass media.
- 1994 - Diplomate National Board (equivalent MD / MS vide Government of India's notification) of Examinations (Family Medicine)
- 1982 - Diploma in Acupuncture - Colombo South General Hospital - Sri Lanka 1971-1976
- 1976 - MBBS - Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, University of Bombay
- 1997 - Diploma in Computer Graphics, Animation & Multimedia
- 2004 - IIM (Lucknow) Workshop in Emotional Intelligence
- India's first Family Medicine clinic to be ISO 9001:2000 certified in field(s) of Family Health and Corporate Health
- www.growingwell.com (since 2000) & www.justeves.com (since 2001) acclaimed as one of best portals on the web w.r.t content quality and ease of navigation.
- Co-founded www.indiandoctorsguide.com - India's largest portal exclusively for practicing doctors.
- Co-founder INCHES group - Country's first enterprise for Health Education and Health services. Activities focused on
- Ethics, audit, accountability in Insurance
- Customized services for corporates
- Update of physicians
- Health Education through Mass Media
- INCHES Healthcare Pvt Ltd - business associate of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co - India's leading Life Insurance co in private sector
- INCHES Health Foundation - regular Continuing Medical Education for practicing physicians.
- Established as a Teacher of Family Physicians, both for clinical as well as non-clinical subjects. Over 200 Scientific Presentations at various fora.
- Research in Family Practice - helped pioneer concept of research in Family practice, essentially of already accepted molecule(s) for newer indications.
- Research - 'Low dose Haloperidol in Anxiety'
- Metronidazole v/s Metro-di-iodo combination in Amoebic dysentery - research Paper, indexed by an International British Journal
- Research paper - 35 cases of Polycystic Ovarian Disease - prize winning work at GPA annual conference 1997
- Consultant to ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co Ltd - India's leading Life Insurance co in private sector - Claims Management and medical training
- Invitation papers/ Panelists
- Managerial skills for Doctors - WONCA MESAR conference at Sri Lanka - October 2005
- Panelist at IMA Gujarat Conference in Dec 2006 on Medical software
- Invited to deliver key note address "Stress and coping strategies for Doctors" National Homoeopathy conference 2002.
- Invited to speak at 'Investors Meet' for ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co at Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore to an audience gathering of 500+
- 'Adverse Drug Reactions & The Family Physician' - International meet on Adverse Drug Reactions - KEM Hospital, Mumbai - 1997
- 'Art of Communication for Doctors; Bedside manners and etiquettes' - invited by IMA Pune and at National meet of Family Physicians - Rajkot
- Panelist in a Panel discussion on Alternative Medicine - GPA's 30th annual conference
- 'Limitations of Acupuncture in knee joint arthritis' - a symposium on "KNEE PAIN" 1998 - Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
- Moderated a Panel discussion on 'Do GPs/ Consultants snatch each others cases?' Annual conference GPA 1989
- Conceptualized and Moderated a Panel discussion on 'How safe are WE?' Annual conference GPA 1998
- 'Healthcare for the Elderly' - World Elder's day symposium by HELPAGE INDIA - 1996
- 'HIV-AIDS & the Family Physician' - IMA BWSB at the launch of AIDS cell and Anonymous AIDS testing lab May 1998
- Computers in Family Practice - invitation paper at IMA annual conference 1998
- Out with Computer Phobia - GPA annual conference 1998
- Moderator - GP Update held under auspices of Digestive Disease Center Bhatia Hospital
- PD Hinduja National Hospital - panelist in seminar on Infection control
- International Quality Standards for Doctors - seminar for awareness of ISO certification for medical fraternity.
- Marketing for Health Professional - University of Mumbai's GICED - annual seminar for Hospital and Healthcare management
- Invited by Indian Medical Association - Mumbai West for a 4 lecture series on Managerial Skills for Doctors - covering Doctor as a manager, Communication skills, Customer satisfaction, Listening skills, Telephone tips and training in Courtesy for clinic employees.
- Invited to speak on "Art of clinical examination", at 7th SSMS in 2000 organized by National Journal of Homoeopathy.
- Invited to speak on "Patho Physiology, Investigations, non pharmacological approach in Colitis & Irritable Bowel Syndrome ", at 9th SSMS in 2004 organized
by National Journal of Homoeopathy.
- Invited by Kandivali Medical Association to speak on "Upgrade your practice to the Computer Age" November 2006.
- Invited to speak on "Power of Communication for practicing physicians", at 12h SSMS in 2007 organized by National Journal of Homoeopathy.
- Invited by Stock Holding Corporation of India to speak on "Managing Change" to their 250 employees, June 2008.
- Delivered a talk on "Metabolic Syndrome" to students of NIA - Pune, May 2008. Invited to speak on "Erectile dysfunction and Vaginismus" to practicing Homoeopaths at 13th SSMS in 2008 organized by National Journal of Homoeopathy.
- Invited by IMA-Chembur to participate in a debate "Family practice" a dying art - September 2008
- Invited by Pune IMA to speak on "Customer Satisfaction & Practicing Medico" September 2008.
- Invited to speak on "Customer Satisfaction & practicing Medico" to a 700 strong audience at GP-Con 2008, Killa Pardi.
- Invited to speak to M.Ed students of Mumbai University on "Behaviour disorders in children".
- Invited, by Cipla Ltd, to deliver a series of 5 talks to family Physicians on "Asthma Clinic" and use of Peakflow meter in 2009.
- Conducted a half day workshop on, "Wellness and Stress Management" for Senior GMs from Reserve Bank of India, 2009.
- Invited to deliver a 2 lecture series to Principals and Sr Professors on "Staying Alive" at UGC's annual refresher programme, March 2010.
- Invited to speak on "Clinical Examination - an Art" to a 700 strong audience at GP-Con 2008, Killa Pardi.
- Invited to speak on "Underwriting at Claims Stage" at Annual conference of Association of Insurance Underwriters, Oct 2010.
- Invited to speak on "Areas of concern while handling Acute infections" to practicing Homoeopaths at 15th SSMS organized by National Journal of
Homoeopathy in 2010.
- Invited to speak on "Lifestyle Diseases" by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Org, 2010.
- Invited to speak on "Dyspepsia - an Approach" to practicing Homoeopaths at 16th SSMS organized by National Journal of Homoeopathy in Jan 2011.
- Invited to speak on "Stress Management - Workshop" at International Congress on Contemporary Enrichment in Physical Education and Sports organized by Department of Physical Education - University of Mumbai, in Jan 2012.
- Editorial achievements
- Co-ordinating Editor - National Journal of Homoeopathy - integrating Modern Medicine & Homoeopathy since 1992 till date
- Guest Editor - Journal of General medicine - 4 issues
- Guest Editor - Millennium issue of Bombay Hospital Journal on Family Medicine
- Expert on the panel of Health & Nutrition - India's most popular Health magazine
- Advisor - My Doctor
- Moderator at DD Metro's "Darde Sir" - a discussion on Headache
- Moderator at DDs programme on WHO day 1998
- Guest at ZEE TV's Choti Choti Batein on importance of Family Physician
- Guest at CNBC's episode on self medication
- Guest Expert at CNBC's "Managing Stress"
- Co-author - 'Speaking of Acupuncture' 1984 (now in 4th edition)
- Over 100 articles in lay press & 25 talks on All India Radio